What are Damon Braces?
Damon Braces are a discrete option for straightening teeth in comparison to conventional braces, and are a good alternative to lingual braces. Damon braces use a very thin metal brace consisting of small individual brackets.
Damon braces can be made of metal and now highly aesthetic Damon Clear brackets are available.
The small brackets sit on the front of teeth for successful alignment, and uses friction-free technology to make the braces one of the most comfortable options available. You can see a visible difference between Damon braces and conventional metal braces due to their discrete nature.
What does treatment involve?
After an initial examination and discussion with Chris regarding the suitability of the treatment impressions for the braces can be taken. The procedure does not take long and you can have your Damon braces fixed in a single visit. Chris will advise you in regards to good oral hygiene and the best way to look after your Damon braces.
What are the advantages of Damon braces?
- Where traditional style of braces use either elastics or clips to hold the wires in place, the Damon system combines tieless brackets and high technology wires
- The braces offer a greater level of hygiene than conventional braces
- The length of treatment is quicker than that of conventional braces
- Damon braces are discrete
- This incredibly strong system is able to straighten teeth that are badly out of position
- The new Damon Clear system uses clear brackets which are hardly visible.
What are the disadvantages of Damon Braces?
- The small metal brackets are more visible than other 'invisible' braces
- It is more costly than conventional metal braces
How long does treatment take?
There are various factors which determine the overall treatment time for Damon braces. On average people wear the Damon braces for around 6 to a year months depending on the amount of work needed to align your teeth. The treatment time is much faster in comparison to traditional metal braces.
How much does treatment cost?
The cost for Damon braces comes down to a host of factors. Your dentist will advise you about costs during a consultation for treatment. Damon braces usually start from £2500 for metal and from £3000 for Damon Clear.See Dr Chris Hugh Ibbotts orthodontic cases